- Log in , or
- Create account .
To edit pages, please
There are two main types of Mole. Good mole, and crazy mole.
The Types of Crazy
There are a few types of mole:
- cancer, but it is the 2nd commonest cancer in the 15-34 age group. It often metastatises, and is generally a bad deal. Can either develop from moles, or appear as a new mole. Thus, always treat new or changed mole with caution.
Hunting out the Crazy
There are some useful ways to decide whether or not your mole is a bad 'un:
- Asymmetry - If the mole is the same on both sides, that's a good sign.
- Border - Are the edges clearly defined, or are they blurred or jagged.
- Colour - You want a constant colour, variations, or hints of blue, black or grey are bad.
- Diameter - A normal mole is less than 6mm. If it's more than 48cm, panic!
- Evolution - Any changes to the mole need checking up as soon as possible.
Treatment for all the mole problems is fairly similar. Depending on severity, surgical removal is the dream, sometimes accompanied or replaced with radiotherapy. If its gone systemic, as melanoma can do, you may need some chemotherapy too...