- Log in , or
- Create account .
To edit pages, please
Bleed per rectum/find blood in your poo. (If you put the blood in the poo afterwards, this does not count. That's just weird.)
Clinical and Associated Features
- Bowel cancer, IBD - fresh red blood in stools (possibly melaena depending on how high up the lesion is) weight loss, tiredness, pallor, loss of appetite
- Intestinal ischaemia - blood in stool abdominal pain on digestion (couple of hours after eating), weight loss, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, tachycardia, constipation
- Angiodysplasia - just blood loss, sometimes melaena.
- Haemorrhoids - often accompanied with feeling of "grapes" out of the bum, with fresh blood on the toilet paper when wiping, and bum pain. Can be linked to portal hypertension
- Anal fissure - can cause excruciating pain and fresh blood.
- Serious - bowel cancer, IBD, intestinal ischaemia, meckel's diverticulum
- Less serious - angiodyslasia, haemorrhoids, anal fissure,