- Log in , or
- Create account .
To edit pages, please
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Glandular fever - infection of the...er...glands?
- Cancer - infection...no, wait...cancer.
- Paratonsillar abscess (Quinsy)
Clinical and Associated Features
- If it's an URTI, they'll have a fever and a sore throat. It'll be fairly obvious.
- Oral cancer - presents with: painless, non-healing ulcer; pain on moving mouth; red/white patch, doesn't fade; lumps in the oral area; bleeding; numbness; loose teeth; lump in neck
- Throat cancer - presents with: neck lump particularly for more than 3 weeks; neck pain; sinus congestion; lymphadenopathy; dysphagia; hoarseness; ear pain; weight loss; slurring of speech; any of the symptoms of oral cancer.