Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Orthopaedic eg. Trauma
- Rheumatological eg. Arthritis
- Cancer - Bony metastases.
- Diabetic neuropathy
- Growing pains
Clinical and Associated Features
- DVT - will be unilateral, painful, swollen, skin colour change, hot. History of drug abuse, recent flying, recent surgery or being stationary a lot, increase risk of it being a DVT.
- Diabetic neuropathy - you basically lose feeling in your feet. You can get pain occasionally though.
- Cardiac failure, hypoalbuminaemia and venous stasis- bilateral, worse on standing, pitting oedema if it's bad
- Cellulitis - red hot painful swelling.
- Orthopaedic - worse on movement, history of trauma, should be fairly obvious
- Rheumatological - gets worse over time. Essentially, you need to know some stuff about rheumatology.